Is a Bobcat Skid Steer a Good Investment For My Bottom Line?
The Bobcat brand has established over 60 years of trust for contractors, landscapers, construction workers and equipment operators.
Bobcat skid steers have a reputable name. In this article, we’ll tell you just why you may want to consider financing a useful Bobcat Skid Steer for your business.
What Exactly is a Skid Steer?
Bobcat equipment and skid steers are different things. The two terms are often used interchangeably, but Bobcat is a brand of equipment, not unlike Caterpillar or Komatsu.
A skid steer is a popular piece of construction equipment that’s light, maneuverable and impressively durable for its size. The arms can hold a variety of different attachments, adding to the overall usefulness of this crafty piece of equipment.
Here are some characteristics of a common skid steer:
- They either have 4-wheels or a pair of tracks (known as a tracked skid steer)
- Wheels cannot be turned and are aligned straight
- To turn a skid steer, wheel speed must be increased on one side.
- Skid steers can be equipped with a variety of attachments such as buckets, sweepers, forks, mowers, or even augers.
- Skid steers can be hydraulic as well, to provide more lifting power for heavier objects.
Are Bobcat Skid Steers Worth it?
You may be wondering: are there any functional advantages to a Bobcat skid steer?
Although the machines themselves aren’t exclusive to Bobcat, it’s industry knowledge that Bobcat skid steers have many more available attachments than some of its competitors.
Bobcat skid steers or any other skid loaders are known for their versatility on the job site. Typically, Bobcat skid steers are found in the following industry worksites:
- Construction & Mining: Skid steers are perfect pieces of compact equipment for tight construction work sites. The size and power of these machines are unmatched when moving dirt and gravel, all while being easy enough to operate.
- Agriculture & Farming: Being on a farm, you may have to haul heavy supplies over long distances during the day. A Bobcat skid steer or skid loader is a fantastic piece of equipment for that and excavating your land.
- Ranches: It’s a tough job for you to move feed for livestock, but it must be done every day. Obtaining a Bobcat skid steer can alleviate the physical labour associated with hauling feed. Other attachments like augers can help you drill fencing holes, and some flat-end buckets can help you level off the dirt for your access roads.
Should You Buy, Lease or Finance a Bobcat Skid Steer?
After reading a few points about skid steers, do you think your job site could use one?
Whether you’re in construction or landscaping, a Bobcat skid steer is extremely useful compact equipment.
However, obtaining one for a reasonable price is easier said than done. Running an operation can be expensive, and buying a brand new or even used Bobcat skid steer can be cost-prohibitive.
That’s where we can help you at Blue Capital Equipment Finance.
We offer competitive financing and leasing rates for any piece of available equipment. Whether you’re looking for something as large as an excavator or as compact as a bobcat skid steer, we’ve got you covered!
Why let your operation sit idle? Contact us today to get started.
If you need more information, see our other recent blog to learn more about how leasing works in the construction industry.